WHAT IS IT?
Did you notice that our society is becoming smarter every year in knowledge and in technology?
How do you think the world is changing “smarter” every year?
As our 21st century society becomes "smarter" and "technological" every year, we, too, need to be ready and be equipped with our own set of skills to thrive in this fast changing world.
Now, you are probably wondering, WHAT SKILLS??!
21st Century Skills
- Able to Make Plans
- Able to Make Choices and Decide
- Think Clearly on What to Do or Believe
- Understand Ideas and Make Connections
- Solve Problems
- Choosing the Right Tools for a Task
- Knowing How to Use Technology for a Task
- Communicate Well with Others
- Work Well with Others: “Teamwork”
- Understanding Different Culture
- Having Creativity
- Visualizing (draw ideas in my head)
- Having Personal Responsibility (to take care of myself)
- Having Social Responsibility (to take care of others)
.... AND many more, of course
Can be done alone
About the Product About the Process
Not too much real world connection
Happens after “real” learning
All projects have the same goal
Needs team work and teacher’s guidance
Teacher leads Students lead
Based on real world problems and experiences
Real learning happens during the project
Student choices control the outcome